This privacy statement is also available in: Polish
BMW Group appreciates your interest in working with us. By creating a candidate profile or submitting a specific application, you provide us with personal information about you. We are aware that this requires trust, and it is our aim as a premium company to meet the high expectations you place in us.
With this privacy notice, we would like to explain to you how your personal information will be processed by us.
Who is responsible for the processing of my data, who is the data protection officer and how do you use my data?
This electronic job application site is run, also for other legal entities belonging to the BMW Group, under the responsibility of:
Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW AG)
Telephone: +49 89 382-0
You can reach our data protection officer under the above address or under: email@example.com.
Any personal data including all data in attachments you load into the system (collectively referred to hereinafter as "data") is stored and processed by BMW AG.
BMW AG provides the data to the responsible BMW Group legal entity, who autonomously and exclusively use the data for the purpose of handling your application for recruitment, staffing, employment and quality assurance purposes only. Also, you will only be asked to provide special categories of personal data (sensitive data) if this is required by law in the country in which you are applying for a position. In order to improve the overall candidate experience within the recruiting process and to ensure the quality assurance of this process, we may ask you to answer questions regarding your experience as a candidate. This is voluntary and completely anonymous. If you are willing to participate in this survey, your feedback will be anonymously processed for quality assurance reasons
DETAILED PRIVACY STATEMENT.
1. Which data categories do you use and where do they come from?
Only the data you provide yourself in the system will be used for recruiting reasons only.
2. For which purposes and based on which legal basis are my data processed?
Your application and any additional information you provide will be added to the company's resume database and will be used only for the purpose of reviewing your skills and interests against job openings at BMW Group. We process your personal data based on the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) as well as all other relevant laws.
3. Data access
Only the relevant persons required to fill open positions within the BMW Group have access to your stored data.
To ensure proper operation of the system, selected employees of BMW AG in Germany have access to the data. In addition, selected employees of subcontractors of BMW Group have access to the data in order to fulfil their administrative and support duties. An appropriate level of data protection is furthermore ensured.
You have the possibility to select the BMW Group legal entities you want to share your personal data with during your application process by defining your “preference” section. Irrespective of this, BMW AG System Administrators, as responsible party for this electronic job application site, will always have access to your personal data.
4. Country specific additions (relevant only if you apply in this country):
U.S. specific additions:
- You are legally eligible for employment in the U.S. (All new hires will be required to provide proof of eligibility upon hire.)
- You understand that if a BMW Group US company makes you an offer of employment, that offer may be contingent upon local criteria, including but not limited to, a drug screen, verification of employment and educational history, etc. Specific post-offer preplacement criteria will be explained in the offer letter.
- You further understand that any false statement or omissions, incomplete and misleading statements or any misrepresentations on this application may be considered cause for dismissal, if and when discovered.
- Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.
UK specific additions:
- As an employer in the United Kingdom we are required by law to check that our employees have the right to work in the UK. As part of our recruitment process, if you are invited to a final stage interview, we will request that you bring appropriate documentation to evidence your right to work in the UK. At this time we will check, copy and verify your documents. If you are successful in your application and accept an offer of employment with us, we will retain a copy of your documentation on your employee electronic file during employment and for a further two years from the date you leave our employment. If you are unsuccessful or do not accept an offer of employment, your right to work documentation will be destroyed no later than four weeks from when the position has been filled, unless you have multiple ongoing applications which are in process in which case the documentation will normally be retained until the final position applied for has been filled.
-Candidates data may be shared with third parties who provide services comprising for example the provision of secure servers to host video interviews and any other relevant and appropriate services to facilitate the recruitment process.
Canada specific additions:
- Data submitted under this Agreement to the Canadian BMW Group legal entity specified in the respective job posting will be retained for up to thirty-six (36) months.
- Applicant must be legally eligible for employment in Canada. (All new hires will be required to provide proof of eligibility upon hire.)
- You agree that if BMW Group will make you an offer of employment, that offer is contingent upon a satisfactory background check including employment verification, education verification, criminal record check, and credit check.
5. Data security
Your data is protected against unauthorized access, manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorized disclosure through adequate security measures, in particular by way of encrypted transmission and storage, a role and authorization concept, a data backup concept and physical security measures for the servers.
6. Where is my data been stored?
The data will be stored in encrypted form in a data centre located in the European Union (Germany).
7. Who is responsible for the accuracy of my data?
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide is truthful, correct, non-ambiguous and up-to-date. You have access to your own data and are able to update and rectify them, if necessary. You are responsible to only provide recruiting relevant information.
8. Data retention and deletion
You can view your personal data at any time in this job application site also in order to have any incorrect data corrected by yourself. In addition, you can delete any of your personal data, by deactivating your profile. You’ll find the deactivation button in your account details (“My account details”).
Note: Where country-specific legal retention periods apply, the data or documents are exempt from deletion for a defined country-specific period.
Different retention periods for personal data in the system within other countries:
Twelve (12) months: United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, China
Twenty-four (24) months: Mexico, Hungary
Thirty-Six (36) months: United States of America, Canada
In the event of future legal obligations requiring changed retention periods, they will be adapted without prior notice.
If you do not delete your general data (candidate profile) after a closed job submission (application), this data remains stored for up to twelve (12) months. The data protection period begins anew with each update of your profile or with each application you make.
9. Which data protection rights can I as an affected person assert?
You are able to request information regarding the data saved concerning yourself under the above-mentioned address. Moreover, you are under certain conditions entitled to demand the correction or deletion of your data. You may also be entitled to demand the limitation of the processing of your data, i.e. to mark the stored personal data with the objective to limit the future processing. Eventually, you may also be entitled to demand the surrender of data provided by yourself in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You may assert also those rights at any time under the above-mentioned address.
Apart from that, you have the right of appeal to a data protection supervisory authority if you think that a processing of the personal data concerning yourself by us violates any applicable data privacy legislation.
The data protection supervisory authority responsible for you is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA)
The application places cookies on your PC. Those cookies are necessary in order to keep the system running. These are session-related and will be deleted at the end of the session. Cookies are small files which are temporarily installed on your hard drive.
You can prevent cookies from being saved on your hard drive by selecting the appropriate setting on your browser – simply follow your particular browser’s instructions. Deactivating cookies mean that you cannot access the BMW Group Recruiting System.
11. Data availability
Due to the nature of the internet and of computer systems, BMW Group does not accept any liability for the availability of the BMW Group career page and the online recruiting system.
To be able to continue the application process you need to give your consent to the following term:
I agree to the processing of my data, which may include trans-border processing, within the BMW Group to the relevant persons in accordance with the corresponding job posting and the visibility options I have for my candidate data as described in detail above.
By clicking the “I Accept” button, you agree to the above term.
Your consent will be saved. You are entitled to at any time and without giving reasons object to this use of your data by deactivating/ deleting your account with all open submissions yourself.
If you do not agree to the above terms, your registration/application will not be saved and processed within the BMW Group.